We would like for you to have a pleasant experience at the appointment. Please review the following policies (PDF).
PREPARING FOR THE VISITS
- Before your visit, please create an account in the Patient Portal (email sent separately). The patient portal also comes with an app called Healow as well.
- You may preregister online
- Bloodwork may be done at the nearby clinic- Quest or Labcorp. Results will be available via Patient Portal.
- You DO NOT have to fast before the visit as a majority of the fasting tests are to be done before 9am.
- Please have your primary care doctor’s information, pharmacy, and relevant lab results with you.
- NEW patients or patients with multiple late cancellations may not be rescheduled, and may be charged a fee.
- Please bring recent lab work or doctor’s notes.
- Please bring your driver’s license and insurance card.
- Prescription refills must be called to the pharmacy or via the portal.
- Refills will be denied if you have not come to the visits regularly as recommended by your provider.
- Prescriptions over 6 months will require an appointment prior to refill.
- Payment for the prescribed medications is up to you and your insurance. We will help with a preauthorization process as a courtesy but please allow us 5-10 business days.
- Please allow up to 3-5 business days for prescription refills. If you wish to change pharmacy, please ask them to do this.
- Lengthy and/or large volumes of phone calls and digital communications with office staff and/or the doctor may be subject to additional charges to your insurance carrier with deductible, coinsurance, or copay charge (if these communications are not related to a recent appointment).
- Requests for letters, forms, and other clerical work usually require a clinic visit. Some of these requests may also take 5 to 10 business days.
- Please have records faxed to us at 832-968-7713.
- If you receive a bill from an outside lab (Quest, Labcorp), please call them to inquire about it. For self-pay patients, we do have an arrangement with Labcorp which may help you.
- Our billing department can make errors. If you receive a large bill from our office, DO NOT PANIC. Please contact your insurance first, then inform us of the situations, so that we may correct any error.
Policies subject to change without notification.
- As a courtesy, we will gladly file the claims to your insurance. If you are concerned about coverage for any of our services, please contact your insurance company prior to your visit.
- Your responsibility such as copay, coinsurance, or deductible will be collected at the time of service unless we are told otherwise by your insurance.
- If your insurance company denies coverage, or we otherwise do not receive payment 60 days from filing your claim, the amount will then become due and payable by you.
- If there is an overcharge based on the fee schedule after your insurance company processes the claim (self-pay fee schedule if you do not have or use your insurance), we will refund it to you as soon as possible. However, we do not refund on the service we have provided.
- For your convenience, we accept all major credit cards and checks (returned checks will be subject to a $35 returned check fee). If the check is returned for any reason, you will have 7 days to contact our office and arrange another form of payment.