At Endocrine & Diabetes plus Clinic of Houston, we try to find ways to help our diabetes patients. This Blog page is to equip and help address this issue.
- How to share FreeStyle Libre dataSharing FreeStyle Libre with your doctor For those who use FreeStyle Libre on their phones. Now it is easy to share your glucose data with your doctor! Start sharing your data from your […]
- Metformin ER safety warningPlease note: Some Metformin ER tablets are being recalled due to contamination. Please check with your pharmacy.
- My Diabetes emergency planDiabetics especially Type 1 diabetics should have an emergency plan. As an endocrinologist, I was a first-hand witness to the issues that faced our diabetic patients both during Hurricane Harvey and COVID 19. […]
- $35 Copay for Humalog by the Lilly Insulin Value ProgramMany of our patients are affected economically and physically by COVID 19, this is further worsened by the rising cost of medications. At Endocrine & Diabetes Plus Clinic, we are focused on cutting […]
- How to inject insulin from a bottleThe very first time to inject insulin with insulin syringe and bottle can seem daunting. Thankfully, there are many videos that teach us how to safely administer insulin. Please watch the video by […]
- Insulin self pay option-VALyouSave Program flyer from SanofiI wish more companies will bring out options for self-pay insulin prices for our patients. Here is a flyer that might be useful to you all. Additionally you can read more at the […]
- Kroger Savings ClubAt Endocrine & Diabetes plus Clinic of Houston, we try to find ways to cut the cost of medications for our patients. Here we introduce the Kroger savings club to you. Kroger in conjunction with GoodRx started a prescription savings program that may benefit some of our patients. Some of the commonly prescribed generic medications that help treat diabetes, hypertension, high cholesterol (Dyslipidemia) are listed.
- Pain free glucose monitoring?In endocrinology practice, I see many diabetes patients. One of the challenges they face is the burden of glucose monitoring using invasive fingerprick glucometers. The gold standard of glucose measurement is to draw […]
- Myths about using insulinDiabetes is a difficult disease. In my endocrinology practice, I see many diabetes patients on insulin treatment. They have to monitor glucose levels carefully and inject insulin multiple times a day. The injection […]